So, I know I said I wanted to master a good summer dessert recipe. I am not considering this to be it, since when I think of summer desserts I think of something light and cool. BUT — I made these s’mores bites for a potluck at work, and they were a HIT. People loved them, and they went fast. The best part? They were SO easy to make.
What you need:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
6 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
12 large marshmallows
Reese’s mini peanut butter cups (can also use a Hershey’s bar)
Mini muffin pan that has 24 spots
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray your mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- I don’t know if you can buy graham cracker crumbs at the store or not, but if you can I would just do that. I had full graham crackers, so I took 3 graham crackers and crushed them up to as small pieces as I could get in a medium sized bowl. You want just about 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs.
- Mix in the melted butter and powdered sugar.
- Distribute the mixture to the 24 mini muffin cups. Press down on the middle of them to make an indent so it’ll be a “cup” form.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- While that is baking, cut 12 large marshmallows in half and unwrap your Reese’s.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place one Reese’s (or you can also use 1-2 sections of a Hershey’s bar) in the graham cracker cup and cover it with 1/2 marshmallow (the cut side facing down). The chocolate will begin melting quickly, that is fine.
- Turn your oven on broil.
- Put the pan back in the oven for about 2 minutes. Watch them — and take them out just as the marshmallows start to brown.
- Let them cool completely. I’d let it sit for about an hour. Then use a spoon to pop the cups out of the pan.
Quick, easy, and delicious.